Homeowners’ insurance is a specific type of property insurance that typically covers damage or loss by theft and against perils which can include fire, and storm damage. It also may insure the owner for accidental injury or death for which the owner may be legally responsible. Mortgage lenders usually require homeowners’ insurance as part of the mortgage terms.
The standard homeowners’ insurance policy is divided into several component parts:
- Coverage A Dwelling- Physical Structure of your home such as roof, walls & flooring.
- Coverage B Other Structures- Structures other than the main dwelling such as a guest house, shed, or gazebo
- Coverage C Personal Property- Belongings such as furniture, clothes, and other personal items
- Coverage D Loss of Use/Additional Living Expenses- Pays the additional costs of living away from home if you cannot live there due to a named peril
- Coverage E Personal Liability- Provides coverage against lawsuits for bodily injury or property damage that you or family members cause to others
- Coverage F Medical Payments to Others- Medical payments up to the limit purchased for small claims
While Homeowners’ Insurance can specifically refer to the insurance of a house, it also encompasses the insurance of other types of structures associated with personal residences including tenants (renters) and condominium unit owners.
When obtaining a home insurance policy quotation from Pettineo Insurance Agency, we will need the following information to obtain the most accurate insurance quotation:
- Current Homeowner’s Insurance Policy (If applicable)
- Year Built of Home
- Estimated value of personal property
- Most recent wind mitigation inspection(If you are requesting wind or hurricane insurance for your home)
- Most recent 4 Point Inspection(Required by most home insurance carriers if your house is over 25 years old)
The cost of homeowner’s insurance in Florida is determined by insurance carriers using a variety of factors such as:
- Types and amount of coverage selected
- Age of Home
- Geographic Area
- Construction Type
- Your personal insurance claims history
- Wind Mitigation Inspection Credits(If wind insurance is selected for your home insurance policy)
- Security features of your home (such as fire or burglar alarms)
Pettineo Insurance Agency Inc. provides homeowners insurance in Fort Lauderdale, Lauderdale-By-The-Sea, Pompano Beach, Oakland Park, Boca Raton, Deerfield Beach, Hollywood, Coral Springs, Plantation, Lighthouse Point, Parkland and all of Florida.